Monday, June 11, 2007

Random Paranoias

I am a pretty weird guy. They say you are at 8 who you'll be at 80, and if so, that is not a pleasant thought. When I was a little boy, I was no9t very popular. I didn't have many friends, and the ones I did, were not true friends at all. It is in this atmosphere of solitude and betrayal that I developed a few of my charming, and not so charming personality traits. They say admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery, if so, hopefully I am on the mend.

I am neurotically paranoid.


If I call someone's cell phone and they don't answer, I immediately feel like they are screening my calls.

If I make plans to go out that fall through with someone twice in a row, I am convinced they want nothing to do with me.

If I walk by complete strangers and they happen to laugh, i am convinced they are laughing at me.

I tell jokes constantly to avoid having people laugh at me directly, as opposed to the things I say.

If I say something that i don't believe to be overly funny (a lead in joke to a funnier punchline) that gets an over-exaggerated amount of laughs, I see the person either as a sycopnat, or as someone who is laughing at me. Both are extremely undesirable.


These are just a few of the random insecurities I have been thinking about lately.

No comments: