Thursday, April 5, 2007

Thoughts that keep me from making any real progress in life volume 1

I can't believe I got 10 emails from people asking me why I didn't write on Friday. It was April 20th, 4-20. If you guys have no idea why I was unable to string coherent thoughts together, you have not been paying attention.

I sometimes skip days when writing this, not because I am out of ideas, but simply because I sometimes have trouble making an article based on one theme. I also procrastinate and have sex and then I'm tired. Mostly though I get lost in tangents, thoughts that keep me from making any real progress, both here, and everywhere else in life.

Here are some examples:

Have you ever wondered if those hippos were really hungry hungry, or did they have an eating disorder?

What would happen if you googled Google? Also I am afraid to check it out, because I am genuinely afraid it would cause a rift in the space time continuum.

Why is it that you Girlz want to go out and do something (nothing specific just SOMETHING)whenever us Boyz have a good groove going, where we have a nice sandwich a big glass of something cold and a remote control and/or a video game at the farthest level we have been to. Is it a game you play with us, like when we wave a bone in front of a dog, to see it go up on two legs.

Why is it that most guys find music by Bon Jovi, N'Sync, Bryan Adams, and John Mayer gay? I mean with the exception of that one member of N'Sync, these guys have thought up tunes that make the girlies swoon. If you take a weekend to learn Bed of Roses, Your Body is a wonderland, or Really love a woman, and sing it to any girl, odds are you're going to bang her. That seems pretty un-gay to me.

Is there at this moment somebody somewhere on the other side of the world wondering if at this moment there is somebody somewhere on the other side of the world wondering if at this moment on the other side of the world...(it is a long thought and it took me a few minutes just to write this down).

Do we all see the same colours? I look up at the sky and say it is blue, simply because I have been told that the colour I see when I look up is called blue. How do I know that what I think is blue is not the same colour visually as what you call the colour green. Seriously guys this fucking thought comes back to me too often for it to be healthy.

I bet I could be a really good guitar player. Seriously, no matter how many jump shots I take i will never be as good as Jordan, but I have this recurring thought that with enough practice I could be an amazing guitar player. I have never picked up a guitar because I don't want to kill this potential greatness i feel inside of me.

I have more but as I am writing this at work it is actually becoming an activity keeping me from making any real progress in my career.

Cheers!

No comments: